Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Pyramid of Eclipse

Today, thanks in large part to the 50% off all Criterion-related DVDs and Blu-rays going on through August 1 at Barnes & Noble, I was able to complete my acquisition of the full run of the Eclipse Series box sets. Since there are now 21 of them, I decided that rather than just line them up and take a photo of them in spine order on the shelf, I'd take advantage of the opportunity to make this nice pyramid. The release later this month of Eclipse Series 22: Presenting Sasha Guitry will mess up this particular formation (though I'm still looking forward to an infusion of classic French comedy into the Collection.)

I couldn't stack them up in numeric order - I had to build the structure based on the thickness of each package. Thus, stout Louis Malle anchors the bottom so that petite Larisa Shepitko can delicately balance on top. I hope you enjoy this little peek at my newest pride and joy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment